Roshni Nadar Malhotra (born 1980/1981) is an Indian businesswoman, the chairperson of HCL Technologies and the first woman to lead a listed IT company in India. She is the only child of HCL’s founder, Shiv Nadar. In 2020, she is ranked 55th on the Forbes World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.
Occupation: Chairperson, HCL Technologies
Spouse(s): Shikhar Malhotra
Education: Northwestern University; .
What is the net worth of Roshni Nadar?
HCL Technologies chairperson Roshni Nadar Malhotra, with a net worth of ₹54,850 crore, tops the Kotak Wealth Hurun list of India’s wealthiest women
Who is India’s richest woman?
Roshni Nadar Malhotra
Roshni Nadar Malhotra, chairperson of IT major HCL Technologies, topped the list of the richest women in the country with a net worth of Rs 54,850 crore, according to Hurun India and Kotak Wealth Management’s ‘Kotak Wealth Hurun – Leading Wealthy Women’ report released on Thursday.
Before getting inducted into HCL, Roshni worked as a news producer first for Sky News UK. She has also worked at CNBC and CNN America.Link Copied
Roshni did her schooling in Vasant Valley School, Delhi, and then pursued her graduation course at Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, majoring in communication with a special focus on radio, TV, and film. She also holds an MBA degree from Kellogg School of Management.
Before she became CEO of HCL, Roshni served as the trustee of the Shiv Nadar Foundation, which runs the not-for-profit Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering in Chennai. She was also involved in brand building across the HCL Group and is also the chairperson of VidyaGyan Leadership Academy, which is a leadership academy for the economically underprivileged. Roshni’s passion for wildlife and conservation led her to set up ‘The Habitats’ trust that aims to protect India’s natural habitats and species to create and conserve sustainable ecosystems.
She worked in various companies as a producer before joining HCL. Within a year of her joining HCL, she was elevated as executive director and CEO of HCL Corporation. She subsequently became the chairperson of HCL Technologies, after her father Shiv Nadar stepped down.
Awards and Recognition
- 2014: NDTV Young philanthropist of the Year.
- 2017: Vogue India Philanthropist of the Year
- 2015: Conferred “The World’s Most Innovative People Award” for Philanthropic Innovation by The World Summit on Innovation & Entrepreneurship (WSIE)
- Malhotra is CEO of HCL Corporation, the holding company for all group entities and chairperson of the publicly traded company HCL Technologies.
- She’s responsible for all strategic decisions for the $9.9 billion technology company.
- Founded by her father, Shiv Nadar, in 1976, HCL became a central player in India’s rise as an IT hub.
- Malhotra took HCL’s chairperson role from her father in July 2020.
- She is a trustee of the Shiv Nadar Foundation, which is focused on education and has established some of India’s top colleges and schools.