Content Marketing in Digital Marketing:
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience. It ultimately aims to drive profitable customer action.
Content marketing is an umbrella term covering a set of strategies, techniques, and tactics to fulfill business and customer goals by using the most relevant content to serve, attract, convert, retain, and engage customers. The content uses blogs, podcasts, videos, and social media sites as a vehicle. It’s a practice now being used by 86% of businesses today. However, effective content marketing is not so easy to find.
Goals of Content Marketing
Given the fact that content plays a role in virtually all marketing techniques and tactics, there are no goals that can’t be reached using content. However, from a content marketing perspective, we see that marketers focus on some key goals such as −
- Brand awareness
- Lead generation
- Lead nurturing
- Customer retention and loyalty
- Customer evangelism
- Up-selling and cross-selling
Although these are the typical goals found in content marketing research, think out of the box and look at the goals of your “audiences”.
Start Content Marketing
Here is a brief set of guidelines that you can follow to start content marketing −
- First, find a reason to start using content marketing. Knowing the reason and the purpose is important. In a few years from now, people will say content marketing doesn’t work. It’s like in social media: people start saying it doesn’t work because they often forget for what and whom they wanted it to work in the first place.
- Know the different people and types of customers and prospects you want. Be aware of how they “act”, what they want, and how they will use your content.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel. Before dreaming up new content, see what you already have. Often, the best content for your customers and business is already in the mind of your customers and the people in your business. You just need to present it in a way everyone understands.
- Once you know what content you have, figure out what you need.
- Now, it’s time to get that content organized and check out the best formats and channels. Know the different formats of content your prospective customers use and there are some good tips and tricks to make sure that your content is “engaging”. Align the content to the types of channels you think that it will be best received.
- It’s time to make sure that the content is found or used! If not there is little sense in spending all the energy, is there? Promote, connect and engage.
Finally, test, measure, and optimize continuously. Try different types of content. Check analytics. Monitor your expenditure. And always adapt.
If you are running a business and you would like to take up our services in Content Marketing, Please reach out to me at email@example.com
Thanks in Advance!